Camera reviews, techniques and equipments for all you beginner, novice and amateur photographers. Why you say? Well I started photography in 2005 and still learning the traits. So whatever that I write or post here are basically novice style. So if you are looking the advanced technical stuffs or professional techniques that you can find in photography magazines, well..... not HERE!!!!! Besides beginners and novices make the bulk of all the photography community. We need those simple and clear examples in using a camera. Ok lets get started. I be writing more on Nikon, Epson, Tokina, Sigma and a bit of Canon (hehe my wife using G10) cos I am using them and loving it. So sit down......relaxed yourself....have a sip..... and enjoy this blog. Oh ya..... feel free to comment or contributes on your thoughts and experiences here since all of us are learning Photography...
All images posted here are (C)2009-2011 Sohfian Mohamed Kamari unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

D700 vs D300. An ultimate choice to upgrade after D50



With new Canon EOS50D and the Ultimate 5D mark II in the market, a lot of people like to compare them with Nikon D300 and D700 respectively. Since I am a Nikon user, I do my best noy\t to switch system since its gonna cost me a bomb. Anyway I am looking forward to change a new camera though. My Nikon D50 is dying soon. Its time for me to retire it cos since 2005, I have taken more than 40,000 clicks. Although its not much compare to a professional usage, I got to say my camera starts to make that strange noise ever time I took a shot. Now the plan is December 2009. I got a choice of D300 or D700 (due to my range of lens). I am using those old lens and some of it cant be use with the lower range probably including the D90 and D5000. Anyway my budget is about 3k. So..... going thru the specs review in nikon.com.sg I got to say D700 is very tempting. But the only thing is that it uses FX format (full-frame). I can't afford its compatible lenses. Next I look at the D300 which are more popular ones. Like I say, I look at the specs and sees no diff among the two. Accept for the sensors. You can look at the specs here http://nikon.com.sg/compareproductitems.php?p=1257-63bae4a413,1187-59711d5d33

Anyway, D300 is much more cheaper and an ideal way to upgrade from my D50. Besides after that I can tell the missus to upgrade some more.hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment